[mythtv-users] Debian - Nvidia 190.42-3 and libvdpau issue (unable to play back x264 mkv files)

Jongi jongitech at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 20:39:50 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have compiled debs for nvidia (190.42-3). However the libvdpau that
installs with mythtv is not capable of running vdpau. I have just
removed an svn version of myth 0.22 i compiled before it was officially
released. This was running vdpau without issue.

I get the below when I try to reinstall the vdpau drivers that I was
previously running (removed when mythtv installed libvdpau)

mythtv-debian:~# aptitude install nvidia-libvdpau1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
The following packages are BROKEN:
  libvdpau1
  nvidia-libvdpau1 nvidia-libvdpau1-driver{a}
0 packages upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 111 not
upgraded.
Need to get 0B/1,043kB of archives. After unpacking 1,860kB will be
used.
  libvdpau1: Conflicts: nvidia-libvdpau1 but 190.42-3 is to be
installed.

Remove the following packages:
libmyth-0.22-0
libvdpau1
mythgallery
mythtv
mythtv-backend
mythtv-frontend
mythtv-themes
mythvideo

Score is -118

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] q
Abandoning all efforts to resolve these dependencies.
Abort.

Any suggestions on how I could get everything to play nicely?