[mythtv-users] Calling MSI Media Live users

Keith Edmunds kae at midnighthax.com
Mon Dec 14 18:59:45 UTC 2009

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 21:14:45 -0500, asherml at gmail.com said:

> I no longer have mine running daily, but when I did it was simply
> Mythbuntu 9.04 with their standard Nvidia drivers.

Thanks; I'm downloading 9.04 now (had tried 10.04, which gives the
problems below).

> What problems are you having?

Font distortion (see http://midnighthax.com/screenshot.png) and on
playback I get multiple images each of which does not fill the screen. No
problems with the nv driver, except I can't get that to output HDMI at
1920x1080.

I am wondering if the graphics card in my MSI Media Live box differs from
that used by other people as this does not seem to be common problem. I
have:

$ lspci|grep -i vga
00:05.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation C51 [GeForce 6150
LE] (rev a2)

I would be very grateful for any ideas as to how to resolve these issues.

Thanks,
Keith