[mythtv-users] How to play audio CDs?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Mon Dec 14 18:50:11 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 12:48 PM, Jim Stichnoth <stichnot at gmail.com> wrote:
> What's a good way to play audio CDs under myth without having to first
> rip the CD?  Is there any way to use the Internal player, or do I need
> to call out to an external application?

Unless something has changed recently (I'm still on .21) this should
work just fine.  Put the disc in, start MythMusic,  push 3 to select
the music to play, select the disc.

The only problems I've had is that sometimes it takes a few seconds
for the system to recognize a disc and occasionally the music skips a
bit, which doesn't happen with ripped tracks.

Eric