[mythtv-users] LinuxFirewireDevice: Couldn't get handle

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 16:28:24 UTC 2009

I've had to set up all of my myth boxes from scratch following a
database debacle.  My HDHRs appear to be working ok (despite the
funkiness of the channel scanner).  For some reason, though, I can't
get my firewire connection to my cable box working.  I've set the box
up in Mythtv-Setup, and Myth saw it.  Now, though, when I start
mythbackend, I get:

2009-12-14 11:24:58.122 LinuxFirewireDevice: Couldn't get handle
                        eno: Permission denied (13)

Any suggesrtions on where to look to solve this?