[mythtv-users] Show Recording on Two Encoders at The Same Time

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Dec 13 18:22:58 UTC 2009

On 12/13/2009 09:26 AM, Charles Wright wrote:
> I think I found my problem, the callsigns were different one was
> "WWOR" the other was "WWOR ", causing them to be treated like two
> separate channels.  I'm still not sure what the reason for both
> getting recorded (because I selected a specific showing), but since my
> setup was buggy; it really doesn't matter.

That's a known issue that only occurs when 2 different channels (where
different means with different callsigns, as the callsign is what tells
Myth which channels are the same) broadcast the same show at the same time.

> I would like to make sense of the printsched output.  As an example,
> the offending show's output is:
> Title - Subtitle                Ch Station Day Start  End   S C I  T N   Pri
> Peter Pan                         9 WWOR    12 15:00-17:00   1 2 2 O 2 2/    0
> Peter Pan                         9 WWOR    12 15:00-17:00   2 3 4 O 3 1/    0
>
> What do S C I T and N stand for?

Source ID, Card ID, Input ID, recording type character, recording status
character.

Where:

Recording type character:
  * S - Single record
  * T - Timeslot
  * W - Weekslot
  * C - Channel
  * A - All
  * F - Find one
  * d - Find one daily
  * w - Find weekly
  * O - Override or Don't record

and

Recording status character:
  * A - Aborted
  * R - Recorded / Current recording
  * X - Don't record
  * P - Previous recording
  * E - Earlier showing
  * T - Too many recordings
  * c - Cancelled
  * M - Missed
  * C - Conflict
  * L - Later showing
  * r - Repeat
  * x - Inactive
  * K - Low disk space
  * B - Tuner busy
  * f - Failed
  * N - Not listed
  * V - Never record
  * F - Offline
  * O - Other showing
  * (a number) - the card ID on which the show is currently recording

Someone please feel free to put that in the wiki (as it's asked a lot).

Mike