[mythtv-users] 720p HD content from WPVI in Philly periodic a/v sync issues

Taylor Ralph tralph11 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 13 17:38:32 UTC 2009

--- On Sat, 12/12/09, Byron Poland <wpoland at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Byron Poland <wpoland at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] 720p HD content from WPVI in Philly periodic a/v sync issues
> To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> Date: Saturday, December 12, 2009, 11:58 PM
> On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 3:02 AM,
> Taylor Ralph <tralph11 at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > --- On Fri, 12/11/09, Byron Poland <wpoland at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Here's a ~2:15 second sample from WPVI.  the
> last
> >> minute or so has the most visible issues on my end
> (both my
> >> frontends - one a mac-mini intel graphics, the
> other a dual
> >> core athlon with a 6000 series nvidia, so neither
> uses
> >> VDAPU).
> >>

> >> when there is dialog the problem is most visible,
> however I
> >> can see some accelerated frames during some of the
> lip shots
> >> (when you can't see lips moving, to really notice
> if
> >> things are out of sync).
> >>
> >> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2386241/sample.mpg
> >>

> > Byron,
> >
> > I've attached a new patch that fixes playback for your
> recording. Please apply to a clean 0.22-fixes. The new patch
> includes support for repeat_pict and removes some very
> suspect code.
> >
> > Please let us know the results.
> >
> > --
> > Taylor
>

> Taylor, Thanks for the patch.  I gave it a try, and
> still see messed
> up a/v sync with the sample I provide.
>
> Here's a log, I started by trying the original recording I
> used to
> create the sample, and then tried the sample.
>
> http://pastebin.com/f4489d5c7

Before the patch your sample played horribly on my system and with the patch it's near perfect. So even though you still see some a/v sync problem did the patch improve playback any? I did see one very brief instance where the timecodes went a little wacky but it was extremely brief and recovered properly.

Could you please provide another log with -v playback,timestamp?

Thanks.

--
Taylor