[mythtv-users] Any FE to Many PCs - LAN Content Simulcasts with VLC Multicasting

Jack McGee jack at greendesk.net
Sun Dec 13 14:42:07 UTC 2009

Tortise wrote:
> GOAL: Move to integrate HD into an Any to Many Model.
>

> And HD?  Not so easy!  Some ways to do this have occurred to me:

you've probably considered this, but an HDMI splitter and long cables.
That will do one to many, cable length is the issue. I bought a 35 foot
cable and it works like a champ.  I ran IR distribution, with an eye
installed in the trim ring of the ceiling speaker. I'm the only one in
this house I have a screen in living room and one in bedroom.  Thanks to
JP1 capability, I have 2 $20 OFA remotes, duplicates except each
controls a different TV.  Both run MythTV and stereo receiver.  I ran IR
distribution.  It's a great solution for me.  I intend to find a cheap
19" LCD for kitchen one of these days and run HDMI and IR to that room,
also.  For the detached garage I may just install another frontend, or I
could try one of those HDMI baluns.