[mythtv-users] tmdb.pl issues

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sat Dec 12 16:04:56 UTC 2009

Yan Seiner wrote:
> I'm trying to get tmbd.pl working. First off, I have to go through a
> proxy server, and I can't figure out how to do that.
> I've tried the standard
> export http_proxy="http://user:password@selene.seiner.lan:3128/"
> selene:/var/lib/mythtv#
> /usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/tmdb.pl -d -D
> The_Bucket_List# looking for movie id: 'The_Bucket_List'
> # request:
> 'http://api.themoviedb.org/2.0/Movie.imdbLookup?imdb_id=ttThe_Bucket_List&api_key=xxx'
> Unable to contact themoviedb.org while retrieving movie data, stopped
> at /usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/tmdb.pl line 123.
> Second, even if I cut-and-paste the queries into my browser,
> themoviedb.org never, ever finds the movie.
> How do I get tmdb.pl to work?
OK, I figured out the correct query:

/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/tmdb.pl -d -M "The Bucket List"

which results in the URL

But I still don't know how to get that through the proxy.....

A day may come  (_)\(_)         ,>/'_      o__
when the courage of men fails, (_)\(_)     ,>/'_
when we forsake our friends and break all (_)\(_)
bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
It is not this day!
This day we ride!