[mythtv-users] mplayer doesn't work when started by mythfrontend

Andrew Junev a-j at a-j.ru
Sat Dec 12 12:48:45 UTC 2009

Hello Fedor,

Tuesday, December 8, 2009, 2:45:01 AM, you wrote:

> On Fedora 12 I actually did not have any problems with Pulseaudio. But
> try -ao alsa for mplayer first.
> From the log we know that mplayer is trying to use -ao pulse. What is
> mythfrontend configured to use? For them to coexist they should both
> be using Pulse. Or mplayer can use alsa, but then nobody will be able
> to use audio concurrently (which should be fine for this case).

Sorry for a late reply - I was out for a few days, without access to
my MythTV. Yes, -ao alsa worked, and mplayer seem to run fine now.

My mythfrontend appears to be setup to use ALSA:default. Maybe it's
better to change that to pulse, and have mplayer running pulse as well?
What's the proper setting for mythfrontend to use pulse?

--
Best regards,
 Andrew