[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HD-PVR IR Blaster - What's after the kernel patches?

jgmtfia Mr jgmtfia at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 02:14:55 UTC 2009

I am a little lost about what happens after the kernel is patched, and
upon rebooting the IR blaster is found and the driver is loaded.  What
is the next step?  How to you send and receive IR codes?

dmesg shows:

[    4.787020] lirc_zilog: Zilog/Hauppauge IR blaster firmware version
2.1.0 loaded
[    4.787036] hdpvr 1-8:1.0: device now attached to /dev/video4

I also have /dev/lirc0 device.

Do I need to install lirc?  Which driver do I tell it to use?