[mythtv-users] Arduino based dish IR blaster

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 13:38:24 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 5:01 AM, David Herman <dherman516 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I love a microcontroller project as much as the next guy, but a serial based
> one provides little benefit, as there are serial IR blasters that someone
> can make with a diode, a resistor and a DB9 (much cheaper).
> If I were going to make a microcontroller based ir blaster, I would use this
> platform (or something similar)
> :
>
> http://www.embeddedartists.com/products/boards/lpc2148.php

I'm not sure where you're getting the impression it's a serial board,
the Diecimila is USB based, it just shows up on the system as a USB
serial device.  Board details here:

http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardDiecimila

The current version is also _way_ cheaper than the microcontroller
you're pointing at.  See here:

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=666

Alex