[mythtv-users] Arduino based dish IR blaster

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 05:40:50 UTC 2009

I've been playing with using an arduino (http://www.arduino.cc/) as an
IR blaster to control my dish ViP211k.  It seems to be working at
least as well as my serial transceiver, which isn't perfect, but good
enough to share.  I've only tested this on the Diecimila board, but I
assume it would also work on the Duemilanove, which can be found
online for ~$30.  Add a $2 IR LED from the shack, and you're all set.

The attached files include the pde file that the arduino tools compile
and flash onto the board, plus a simple C tool for command line
access.  If anyone has an arduino and a dish receiver, give it a shot
an let me know how it works.  I can also provide some pointers if
anyone wants to try porting the code to a different receiver (assuming
there's an lirc file for it).  Enjoy,

Alex