[mythtv-users] mythbuntu stops working for no reason

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Dec 10 19:09:21 UTC 2009

On Thursday 10 December 2009 12:06:17 pm Dan Hayes wrote:
> On a fresh install of mythbuntu 9.10, everything initially works fine, but
> after a few minutes just stops.  I start watching live tv fine, change
> channels fine, but after a few minutes, I change channels and the screen
> turns a fuzzy green and stops responding.  Any ideas what could cause this?

Lots of things. Is the machine itself locked up? Can you get a console? What
if anything do the logs say?

I'd try to get in with a console, via ssh if necessary, and see what the
situation is with the OS.

One quick check, if you toggle the caps lock on the KB, does the LED toggle?
if not, you are locked up pretty good. Looking at the logs after a restart may
be informative.