[mythtv-users] Remote Trouble works partial in mythtv and fully in xbmc

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 09:16:57 UTC 2009

2009/12/8 Lasse Knudsen <lasse.h.knudsen at gmail.com>:

> I did try to play around with irrecord, but that just results in the
> following output
>
> irrecord: could not get file information for /dev/lirc
> irrecord: default_init(): No such file or directory
> irrecord: could not init hardware (lircd running ? --> close it, check
> permissions)

If you have a suitable IR receiver configured that you want to use to
record the new Asus remote, you need to stop the LIRC service from
running first, and ensure the appropriate module for the "recording"
receiver is loaded and a /dev/lirc or /dev/lirc0 device exists before
you start irrecord.

Some IR receivers are more limited in the IR protocols they can
receive than others. You can get a selection of generic protocol
headers to test unknown remotes against from
http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/generic/. You can also have
irrecord analyse a config file recorded in raw mode (irrecord --force)
using the very useful '--analyse' option.

Please also see my other reply regarding devinput.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott