[mythtv-users] No card showup in new myth 0.22 fc12 fresh install

Claude Gélinas claude at phyto.qc.ca
Thu Dec 10 03:26:35 UTC 2009

Le mercredi 09 décembre 2009 04:09:52, Nick Morrott a écrit :
> 2009/12/9 Claude Gélinas <claude at phyto.qc.ca>:
> > fresh fc12 install
> > myth from svn
> > I have one pvr 500 and one HVR-1600 they look ok in dmesg but none are
> > detected in mythtv-setup
>
> <snip>
>
> > what more do I need to check
>
> First, please check the relevant device permissions to ensure that the
> user running mythtv-setup can access all of the capture devices.
>
> Nick

Cards show up like this:

ls -l /dev/vid*
crw-rw---- 1 root video 81,  0 déc  7 23:40 /dev/video0
crw-rw---- 1 root video 81,  1 déc  7 23:40 /dev/video1
crw-rw---- 1 root video 81,  6 déc  7 23:40 /dev/video2
crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 12 déc  7 23:40 /dev/video24
crw-rw---- 1 root video 81,  4 déc  7 23:40 /dev/video25
crw-rw---- 1 root video 81,  9 déc  7 23:40 /dev/video26
crw-rw---- 1 root video 81, 10 déc  7 23:40 /dev/video32
crw-rw---- 1 root video 81,  2 déc  7 23:40 /dev/video33
crw-rw---- 1 root video 81,  7 déc  7 23:40 /dev/video34

ls -l /dev/dvb/adapter0/
total 0
crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 0 déc  7 23:40 demux0
crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 1 déc  7 23:40 dvr0
crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 2 déc  7 23:40 frontend0
crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 3 déc  7 23:40 net0

so I've added mythtv user to the video group
and now no V4L showup but I can see one DTV DVB (v3.X) as
/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0

but with an error message saying:
 Can't open DVB frontend (/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0) for
/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0.

changing permission to 777 for all video* and dvb* I can see all my card. But
what will apen on next reboot will the perm stay like this or should I change
them for something better, more secur.

With 777 perm I was able to see all of them.. I'm just not sure which one to
chose for my card

PVR 500 = mpeg IVTV for each video1 and video2
HVR 1600 = one V4L for video0 and on DTV DVB for frontend0

is it the wright choice

Thanks,

--
Claude Gélinas agr.