[mythtv-users] best forum for MythTV?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed Dec 9 17:52:24 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Phill Wiggin <alamar at gmail.com> wrote:
> With Gmail, all you have to do is:
>
> Create a filter on the "To" field. the filter should be "mythtv-users".
> Click 'Next step"
> Then, on the next screen, mark "Skip the Inbox".
> Mark "Add Label" and select 'Add New Label' and type "MythTV".
> Check the box that says "Also apply to X conversations below"
> Click the "Create Filter" button.
>
> That'll keep myth stuff out of your inbox and keep it gathered under the
> MythTV label.

I actually have two filters to apply two labels to each incoming
mythtv message.  One is just "mythtv" and the other is "mythtv-inbox".
 I read messages under the mythtv-inbox label, and then "archive" them
by removing that label.  When reading a message under a label, the
same keyboard shortcut (y) that archives a message in the normal inbox
view will remove the label that allowed you to see that message in the
label view.

Where I work we use MS Exchange and I have to use either Evolution or
Outlook Web Access and it's really sort of sad just how badly gmail
blows them both out of the water in term of utility and even speed.

Eric