[mythtv-users] HD Homerun errors

Dave Richardson mythtv at derdev.com
Tue Dec 8 16:21:38 UTC 2009

>> I have been running my mythtv setup for 18 months now with no problem,
>> but
>> suddenly I am getting video errors.  I am running a dedicated Ubuntu
>> Hardy
>> Heron backend, with Ubuntu frontends.  Until this last saturday I have
>> never
>> had a  problem, but suddenly the video and audio are corrupted, and when
>> it
>> plays, I get a stream of errors like
>>
>> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.443 [ac3 @ 0x7f875b82ce70]frame CRC mismatch
>> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.481 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f875b82ce70]Warning MVs not
>> available
>> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.490 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f875b82ce70]ac-tex damaged at
>> 25
>> 25
>> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.491 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f875b82ce70]ac-tex damaged at
>> 28
>> 42
>> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.513 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f875b82ce70]mb incr damaged
>> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.514 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f875b82ce70]ac-tex damaged at
>> 32
>> 9
>> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.515 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f875b82ce70]ac-tex damaged at
>> 54
>> 24
>> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.516 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f875b82ce70]ac-tex damaged at
>> 33
>> 41
>> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.516 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f875b82ce70]Warning MVs not
>> available
>> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.526 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f875b82ce70]ac-tex damaged at
>> 75
>> 28
>> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.535 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f875b82ce70]invalid mb type in
>> Frame at 65 9
>> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.535 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f875b82ce70]ac-tex damaged at
>> 41
>> 11
>> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.536 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f875b82ce70]skipped MB in I
>> frame
>> at 69 15
>> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.536 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f875b82ce70]ac-tex damaged at
>> 65
>> 17
>> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.536 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f875b82ce70]skipped MB in I
>> frame
>> at 43 24
>> 2009-12-07 22:48:52.537 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f875b82ce70]skipped MB in I
>> frame
>> at 25 26
>>
>> from mythfrontend when playing live TV or recordings made after
>> Saturday,
>> though everything works fine for recordings made before.  I run a mac
>> client
>> that sets up a direct stream to VLC, and the tuner is fine.  Any ideas
>> on
>> how to troubleshoot this weird problem?
>>
>> Matt Asplund

> [...]

I'm running Mythbuntu 9.1 (Karmic) and had flashed my HDHR to firmware
20091111beta1 from firmware that was from around 20090414...  it went ugly
with stuttering HD video and audio...  I backed the firmware to 20091025
(or whatever October firmware date they publish) and the HDHR is fine.

You didn't mention firmware, but it's a consideration.