[mythtv-users] 'powerline' ethernet experience?

Terjesen Jens Peder Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com
Tue Dec 8 15:39:16 UTC 2009

Nick Rout wrote:

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 10:05 AM, Indulis Bernsteins
<indulis.b at au1.ibm.com> wrote:
> I found that my powerline Ethernet worked fine during the day, and then
> slowed down at night.  Turned out to be the cheap Compact Fluorescent
> Lightbulb that was putting spikes onto the powerline when I was trying to
> use Mythtv from the bedroom in the evening.  Finding this out took a LOT of
> pain and hair-pulling!

yeah we have a few compact fuoros around the house so I am more
determined than ever to pull wires!

Me too large for under house.

Stepson small enough but scared of spiders.

Cat could do it, but untrainable. Small remote controlled robot?

Well cats are not untrainable. Clicker training is the answer: http://www.petplace.com/cats/clicker-training-your-cat/page1.aspx

I have not tried this with cats myself but it is claimed that all cats used in commercials have been trained this way.