[mythtv-users] semiOT: minor emergency, raid array's contents deleted

George Mari george_mythusers at mari1938.org
Tue Dec 8 13:42:40 UTC 2009

On 12/07/2009 10:56 AM, Steven Adeff wrote:
> so here's a weird one...
>
> was watching some tv then shutdown my frontend, ssh'd into the backend
> and noticed that both my raid arrays are now "empty". the filesystems,
> which are JFS, check out as fine, but both, on seperate computers, are
> now both completely blank. absolutely no idea how this happened, but
> I'm hoping someone here has an idea as to what may have happened and
> if there is a way to recover all my lost data?

I'm assuming that at least one of the filesystems you're referring to on
the backend holds your recordings?  If so, how could you be watching tv
one minute (LiveTV through mythfrontend, or a recording, but you're not
specific on this), and then the next minute all your recording files are
missing?

Maybe your arrays are simply not mounted, and you're seeing the empty
directory where they would normally be mounted?

Or your permissions on the mount point got messed up somehow?

What's the output of "df -h" say?