[mythtv-users] Implementing HD-PVR IR Blaster

Bobby Schwartz rschwartz at lastar.com
Mon Dec 7 21:12:42 UTC 2009

> I am *really* excited to hear this.
> Since you JUST got this working (including patching) could you share a
> step-by-step on how to get this included, working etc.
> Something like:
>     Install Fedora 12
>     yum install kernel-devel kernel-headers ....
> My challenge is I recently moved from Debian/Ubuntu to Fedora and
> Fedora
> does things differently
>     (I patched /usr/src/linux/ in the past... not the Fedora way)
> If someone wants to share lots of stuff, I am happy to test and write
> it
> up, but I can see wasting lots of time trying to get this to work. So
> any pointers, lessons learned, etc is welcome. Even, hey stupid, read
> this URL and then patch (from here) and load the module....

Well I've done all my work thus far in Mythbuntu.  AFAIK the IR blaster
is already working in FC12.  In fact, that was one thing I used to
troubleshoot my setup.  I actually got the FC12 Live CD to pick up the
HDPVR and its IR chip.

If you're able to use Fedora 12 as a starting point I guess all you'd
need to do is configure lirc.