[mythtv-users] Video playback HORRIBLE after ff or rw

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Mon Dec 7 20:46:26 UTC 2009

At 1:57 PM -0500 12/7/09, Ken Johnson wrote:
>Does anybody else have an issue with video playback after FF or RW
>(Seek+ or Seek-) for a long time. Like if I seek through a video for
>about 30+ seconds (as in im holding the LEFT button for atleast 30
>seconds) to get to the part I left off from the night before, the
>playback is VERY jittery(lack of a better word), audio is sometimes off
>sync more often then not. But it only happens to compressed videos that
>I have stored on my hard drive that are saved as .mkv files or whatnot.
>this does not happen to DVDs or the .vob's I "PERFECT" rip.

Not that this truly addresses the problem you are having, but one
workaround is to use the number keys. If you press some number of
digits, followed by whatever button you use to commercial skip
forward (IIRC), it will jump forward that number of minutes. I use
this all the time, since it's far easier than holding a button down
for 30 seconds.