[mythtv-users] semiOT: minor emergency, raid array's contents deleted

Brad Benson bbenso1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 19:32:40 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 1:45 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> On Monday 07 December 2009 11:15:47 am Brad Benson wrote:
> > Were the contents of the filesystems only myth-related stuff?  Is the
> > associated data in your database still intact?  I recall seeing a post
> here
> > quite a while ago where someone had mythweb exposed to the internet with
> no
> > access controls and their myth installation got spidered by a search
> > engine.  This hit every single 'Delete this recording' link causing all
> of
> > their shows to be deleted.
>
> That was probably:
>
> "A Visit from the Googlebot", perhaps 2 years ago.
>
> Yup, that was it.  I figured it was worth pointing out as a place to look,
just in case.  No sense in taking the time to scour the whole system looking
for a hacker if something like this were the culprit.  I figure if the
googlebot did it that should be readily apparent from a 5-minute scan of the
webserver logs which would save a whole bunch of time.  Of course, that
appears to not be the case, but it seemed worth mentioning.