[mythtv-users] Where did my network go?

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Sun Dec 6 15:25:05 UTC 2009

I'm running Mythbuntu 9.10 x86_64.  I just put some updates on via
Update Manager this morning, and now when the box comes up, I keep
getting "Cannot connect to database" errors.  After looking around, it
appears like my network card is only configured for IPv6.  The IPv4 info
that used to be there is totally gone.  How do I go about getting it back?

When I try to look into the Network settings, the menu option for it
under Applications->System isn't there.  Also, the network icon that is
usually displayed on the upper right corner near the clock isn't there.
Its as if the OS has no support for IPv4 any longer.

Any ideas?
Harry