[mythtv-users] Limit log file size?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 13:41:59 UTC 2009

I'm not finding this when I search through the on-line docs. For the
older 0.21 version how do I limit the size of the mythbackend.log
file?

I'd like to limit both the size, and if possible make it a little less verbose.

The distro is Gentoo. I found the /etc/conf.d/mythbackend config file
and set it to

MYTH_VERBOSE="important,general"

but it still seems a bit too much. Each recording and viewing is
adding anywhere from 20 to 50 lines so it's stll going to grow sort of
quickly. Is there a place I can limit overall file size?

Thanks,
Mark