[mythtv-users] new video card causing interference with cable signal

Greg Zornetzer gzornetzer.lists at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 07:12:59 UTC 2009

Hi all,
I recently got an MSI GT 220 512mb card to upgrade my myth box in
perparation for 0.22.  While the new card does very well with decoding
VDPAU, I've noticed a disturbing problem with several of my QAM HDTV signal
quality - I see a lot of blockiness (as if the tuner is getting some kind of
interference.  Removing the GT220 and going back to the motherboard's
onboard graphics seems to cure the problem.  Does anyone have advice for
some kind of makeshift shield to block interference from the graphics card?
Or other ideas?

My tuner card is a Pinnacle 800i (using the latest xc5000 driver) and I'm
using 0.21-fixes for right now.
Thanks,
-Greg