[mythtv-users] VDPAU package problems 0.22?

Mike Dent mcdent at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 14:05:53 UTC 2009

2009/12/5 Mike Dent <mcdent at gmail.com>:

>>> Thanks Jack,
>>> I came across that post, in fact it was the *only* return I got in
>>> google from my query :)
>>> I tried forcing but I'm not sure I was doing it right, can you supply
>>> the command please for the
>>> packages I need to force upgrade?
>>>
>>> I tried:-
>>>  apt-get install nvidia-glx-185 -f
>>> Reading package lists... Done
>>> Building dependency tree
>>> Reading state information... Done
>>> nvidia-glx-185 is already the newest version.
>>> You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
>>> The following packages have unmet dependencies.
>>>  libmyth-0.22-0: Depends: libvdpau1 (>= 0.3) but it is not going to
>>> be installed
>>>  mplayer: Depends: libvdpau1 (>= 0.3) but it is not going to be installed
>>> E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or
>>> specify a solution).
>>
>> I used synaptic.  Just selected the package (like nvidia-glx-185), then
>> clicked the package menu option.  About halfway down was a "force version"
>> option.  I clicked it and it let me choose the version I wanted.  After I
>> did that for all three packages and "apply"ed them I went to the same
>> packages menu and selected "lock version".  Synaptic wanted to upgrade them
>> again right after I downgraded (since I was now using "out-of-date"
>> packages), but that would have just put me back to square one :)
>
> Thanks Jack,
> when I do this with synaptic, it wants to remove mythtv-frontend and
> libmyth-0.22 and all the myth plugins etc, I assume this
> is normal and I just install them again afterwards?
>
> Mike

Oh well, I went ahead and did as suggested. I forced the packages to
version 3 from version 9 with synaptic package manager.
I then went in and selected the mythtv packages, frontend, plugins etc.
After a while I got the following error:-

http://picasaweb.google.com/mcdent/MythTV#5411738290627229810

Which is essentially the same error I was seeing using apt-get and
before I locked the nvidia at version 3

I also got this error too:-

http://picasaweb.google.com/mcdent/MythTV#5411738225665660546

Not sure where I am going wrong?