[mythtv-users] Somewhat OT: Comcast takeover of NBC Universal

Joe Wilson wilson.joe at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 07:08:11 UTC 2009

  I really don't want to get political here, but people need to contact the
white house about these
things.. Its impact upon the diversity of the media Obama pledge to uphold,
is left in question..
This matter will probably bring up an antitrust, and it will drag out in the
court system, and the
govt will do nothing about it for about a year. My main fear is when the
whole of our internet,
or cable provider, and our stations are controlled by one entity. The
ability to sway peoples decisions
on who they vote for, what they see as news etc  is being jeopardized here.
Examples shows may
depict scenarios that wind people up emotional on given issues that would
serve comcast politically.
putting it bluntly.. Hitler controlled all media in his day.. now we got
commie cast.. There is over 24
stations comcast will be taking over.. those concerned I would contact Obama
and tell him you want
him to uphold his plead to diversity in the media.. because where things are
standing now, he isnt
doing his job.