[mythtv-users] 'powerline' ethernet experience?

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Fri Dec 4 22:25:11 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 3:18 PM, Kevin Ross <kevin at familyross.net> wrote:

> > If you have natural gas heating and/or water heaters, the space they
> > run the "chimney" to the roof is usually a good place to get from bottom
> > to top in a house.
>
> Sorry for the blank reply, misclick.
>
> In my case, the gas furnace and water heater are in the garage, on the
> opposite side of the house from where I needed the wiring.  And there is no
> crawl space under the house.  The house is on a concrete slab, which is
> something I hate about modern house construction.

Wow.. That sucks. How about running it behind the baseboards? It's labor
intensive, but you can use a router to cut a little slot on the back to run
the cable in. I've also heard of people fishing cable under a carpet. If you
get it under the pad it might not be offensive to the feet. Let me guess,
tile flooring? :)