[mythtv-users] Aspire revo -- can it netboot?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Dec 4 15:51:27 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 9:56 AM, Misty P <mistyp at thekorn.net> wrote:
>> it does.
>> i don't own one, just happen to read the list.
>> search the archives and you'll even find info on how to set it up.
>
> Thanks, but instead of being smug about it, why don't you be useful and tell
> me what to search for to bring up relevant info?
>
> Cranking in "revo netboot" into gossamer turns up exactly *three* threads,
> all of which are people contemplating doing what I'm doing.  (i.e. no actual
> *useful* info.)

I don't think it was his intention to be smug.  You're reading too
much into his words.

In any case, it's my understanding that setting up the revo to do a
diskless netboot is not sufficiently different than setting up any
other PC to do a diskless pxe boot to warrant any special
documentation specific to the revo.

You may want to read http://mythtv.org/wiki/Diskless_Frontend.

Eric