[mythtv-users] multiple network boot diskless frontends withseperate configurations?

Misty P mistyp at thekorn.net
Thu Dec 3 20:56:16 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brad Benson" <bbenso1 at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 2:03 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] multiple network boot diskless frontends
withseperate configurations?

> I went down this same route about 2 years ago.  It was a bit of a pain in
> the butt, but I finally got a diskless, netbooting frontend running on a
> fedora (6 I think?) system.  After using that for a bit, and pulling out a
> little more of my hair each time I needed to upgrade something, I finally
> discovered minimyth.

I'd like to strongly second this recommendation.  I've been running minimyth
for over a year (maybe approaching two years?  I dunno) and it's slicker
than whale fat.  When I upgraded to 0.22, I updated the backend, then
updated minimyth, solved one problem that affected all of them, and I was
*done*.  Fire and forget!