[mythtv-users] cards vs sources vs inputs confusion, problems and possible bugs

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Dec 3 20:35:33 UTC 2009

On 12/03/2009 03:05 PM, Petr Stehlik wrote:
> Michael T. Dean píše v Čt 03. 12. 2009 v 12:03 -0500:
>
>>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/410801?search_string=cards%20vs%20sources;#410801
>>> See the last example.
>>>
>>> I think you've encouraged me enough to create a bug report in the trac.
>>>
>> That's http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6208 and
>> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7197 .  Either apply the patch at
>> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/22346 to your build (assuming
>> 0.22-fixes) or wait for it to be committed to -fixes.
>>
> the 22346 has already been committed to -fixes (not sure when). And it
> does not fix the issue I am talking about here.
>
> The changeset's comment says "This problem was only seen if the "Browse
> all channels" option was turned off" while I have it turned on.
>
> I have been playing with various switches that could be affecting that
> and now I am running into some kind of a busy loop where mythbacked and
> mysql both hog the CPU at 100%. That's worse than before :-)

Ah, yeah.  You're right.  That change went in just before we branched
0.22-fixes.

Another case of too many settings with too many combinations to test,
probably.  So the hard part will likely be figuring out how to make it
reproducible.  (Then again, no one ever confirmed that it worked for
#6208 , so I don't know if Shane was able to reproduce it and verify the
fix or if he just figured someone would let him know if it didn't.)

Mike