[mythtv-users] cards vs sources vs inputs confusion, problems and possible bugs

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Thu Dec 3 11:33:22 UTC 2009

Nick Morrott píše v Čt 03. 12. 2009 v 02:20 +0000:
> You will need to configure two video sources, and configure each of
> the card inputs separately on the Input Connections screen.

Thanks for this answer. So I've got it configured correctly. It's just a
bit of pain to scan for (new) channels when it has to be done twice (for
each source separately even though they point to the same satellite).

> For LiveTV browsing and EPG viewing:
> Giving 'equivalent' channels on all video sources the same channel
> number (channum) and name will group channels together so that MythTV
> can 'find' the channel on all tuners and allocate it to the next best
> LiveTV tuner if required. It will also hide multiple copies of the
> 'equivalent' channels which can greatly condense the EPG.

It does not work properly and that was the main reason why I posted the
initial question here:
See the last example.

I think you've encouraged me enough to create a bug report in the trac.