[mythtv-users] Mixing DVB-S and DVB-S2 Cards on the same Sat?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 02:34:31 UTC 2009

2009/12/2 Andrew Stevens <wackston at googlemail.com>:
> Anyway the basic point was not that DVB-S2 cards don't work right. They
> work fine. The problem is that a *combination* of DVB-S and DVB-S2 cards
> is hard to configure to work fine.
>
> So far all experimentation has been able to achieve is:
>
> -A 'single video source setup' where, unfortunately, MythTV attempts to
> use DVB-S tuners to tune DVB-S2 channels (I'd call this flat out a Bug
> if there's no way around it).

That's a configuration error. A video source should not contain
channels that the card input it is attached to cannot handle.

> - A 'two video source setup' where you have DVB-S channels appearing
> twice. Once as a DVB-S source channels and a second time as DVB-S2
> channels.   In this configuration scheduling has weirdnesses.

Another configuration issue. 'Equivalent' channels on multiple video
sources should have the same callsign so that the scheduler considers
them equal for scheduling purposes. In the case of DVB-S/S2 and using
EIT listings, the 'equivalent' channels on each video source should be
receiving the same data.

Cheers,
Nick

--