[mythtv-users] PVR500 poor picture quality

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Wed Dec 2 17:55:41 UTC 2009

Bloke DownThePub wrote:
> I've set it to tha appropriate standard for Belgium - PAL-B/B1/G but
> the quality's quite poor.
> Here are a few short samples.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBuLCKgn8f8
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgvcxxiR96E
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7Kq3WpMogM
I had the same issue with my pvr-500. The image is great from s-video or
composite inputs, but the antennae inputs are pretty grainy. Very
similar to yours. What I did was run new cables and made sure to go with
as few splits along the way as possible. So split it once, and run a
cable from the first splitter to that input.
Hope that makes sense. My pvr-500 analog tuner is the last on my
recording priority list cause it's still not very good compared to my
other tuners.