[mythtv-users] cards vs sources vs inputs confusion, problems and possible bugs

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed Dec 2 16:44:48 UTC 2009

2009/12/2 Petr Stehlik <pstehlik at sophics.cz>:
> It's Astra 3A but I don't think it's important. I am more interested in
> the "wiring" inside of the mythsetup (Input Connections) when one card
> is more capable than the other one so it can receive more channels. If
> there is just one video source then I don't quite see how to prevent the
> less capable card tuning to all the channels in the video source.

You need to have separate video sources for each channel set.

I have Comcast cable as my only input but I have to define it as three
separate video sources, once for an HDHR, once for a PVR-150, and once
for a firewire connection to a STB.  The channels available to each
type of tuner are very different even though ultimately they're all
reading from the same cable.

Eric