[mythtv-users] HD file playback

Danie cilliedg at sabc.co.za
Wed Dec 2 05:24:52 UTC 2009

Hello Stuart,

The alsa-mixer.

I managed to get the audio working again!

For some unknown reason the SPDIF audio was selected for an AC3 or DTS
stream and not raw audio.

iecset audio on solved the problem.

On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 11:24 -0600, Johnny Walker wrote:
> On Dec 1, 2009, at 1:35 AM, "Danie" <cilliedg at sabc.co.za> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Stuart,
> >
> > it did not help.
> >
> > I have for some reason lost all audio on Mythbuntu. The only
> > application
> > that works is XBMC.
> >

> > I'll have to investigate further when I have some more time. I am
> > really
> > getting fed up with Mythtv; if it wasn't for the TV interface I would
> > delete it and just use XBMC.
> >

> What mixer device is selected in Settings-General?

Danie Cillié
Engineering Consultant
Studio Technology

SABC
Radio Park
Henley Road
Auckland Park
2092

Tel:        +27 11 714-4074
Fax:       0866514926
Cell:       083 449 5115
e-mail:   cilliedg at sabc.co.za

Disclaimer: Everything in this email and its attachments relating to the official business of the SABC is proprietary to the SABC. If the email is used other than for official business of the SABC or the views and opinions expressed in the email are not authorised by the SABC, the views and opinions expressed are those of the individual sending the email.
The content of this email is confidential, legally privileged and protected by law. The person addressed in the email is the sole authorised recipient. Please notify the sender immediately if this email and its attachments have unintentionally reached you; do not read, copy, disseminate or use the content in any way and delete the email and any copies of it.
Whilst all reasonable precautions are taken to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the information, and that this email and its attachments are free from any virus, the SABC accepts no liability however arising or responsibility whatsoever in this regard, and in keeping with good computing practice, the scanning of files and attachments is advised.