[mythtv-users] VMWare + IR Blaster

Ben Curtis mythtv at nosolutions.com
Wed Dec 2 02:50:58 UTC 2009

Hey everyone,

I'm thinking about rebuilding my MythTV setup in a VMWare session using a
Hauppauge HD PVR connected to Time Warner Cable in Apex, NC, and an
HDHomeRun for OTA capture.  I have a couple of questions I was wondering if
you guys could help out with:

1)      Has anyone had success using the HD PVR through USB in VMWare?

2)      I saw in the Wiki that "IR blasting and receiving is tentatively
working." Anyone using it care to comment on the specifics of that?

3)      Anyone in the Apex/Cary/Raleigh area know if TWC is blocking
Component outputs for HD channels?

Thanks!

Ben