[mythtv-users] Tonight's "Lie to me" not recorded

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Dec 1 18:23:10 UTC 2009

On 12/01/2009 08:48 AM, Mark Knecht wrote:
> We noticed ahead of time that it wasn't recording and fixed it by
> hand. Our assumption at this time was that Fox listed it as starting
> at 10:01 instead of 10PM exactly and that Myth was missing it for that
> reason. I don't watch the show so I don't know if it was a new or old
> episode.
>
> QUESTION: How much generalization does Myth do if you set up a 'record
> in this timeslot' rule for 10PM and then the listing says 10:01?

None.

> Should it still record?

No.

Which is why you almost always want "any time" rules.  Note that
"timeslot" rules are not designed as a way to deal with old episodes you
don't want to record that are aired at other times or for ensuring you
only get the newest episodes--for that you should use the "new episodes"
or "exclude repeats and/or generic" filters.

Though for people with the right rules, the problem was that the
listings said the episode was aired a couple weeks before.

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4879

Mike