[mythtv-users] UK: BBCi / "red button" on Freesat

Stephen Bridges widget at stdin.co.uk
Tue Dec 1 20:28:42 UTC 2009

Hi all,

A location-specific question here; the Freesat website says that the BBC red
button service is available (via Freesat), by which that pressing the red
button should offer things like the stuff listed here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tv_and_radio/5345480.stm

I did have this on Freeview and it worked great.  When I moved to a freeview-
deficient area I changed to Freesat, and at the time it didn't advertise
having "BBC red button" and the only things I get when pressing the red button
is a teletext-affair.

Does anybody else on freesat in the UK get anything different?

Stephen.