[mythtv-users] Remote control receiver

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Tue Dec 1 18:30:36 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 4:35 AM, Vitani <vitani-mythtv at tfxsoft.com> wrote:

> Good morning,
> Does anyone know if if I got a USB IR receiver (like the one supplied with
> this - http://www.ebuyer.com/product/129977) could I "train" MythTV to
> respond to my TV's remote control?

As the other post mentioned, it's probably going to show up as a keyboard
and I have had trouble getting those working to my satisfaction. This one,
however, I found very easy to set up and seems to read any remote I want to
use. This is nice as I can use the same LIRC config on both frontends, one
using the HDHomeRun IR receiver and one using this one.

Your link price is in UKP, so you might not want to use Newegg, but the part
number might help you find a UK supplier.