[mythtv-users] OT: Winter Hill work 2nd December?

Mark Garland mythtvusers at markgarland.co.uk
Tue Dec 1 17:13:08 UTC 2009

> From 12am on 2nd Dec in the WinterHill area a full scan using
> 0.22-fixes or trunk will no longer work because the preference for UK
> DVB-T scanning expects 2k transmission mode transports to be found.

> AFAIK all UK DVB-T transmissions will change to 8k 64QAM when analogue is
> switched off in your region.

Hi Justin,

I'm not sure I fully understand what this means and the implications that it
may have for me.

As I read it, we currently have channels sent to us at 2k, and this will
change to 8k, but the tuning software still expects 2k until your patch is
applied?  So, an unpatched, fresh install, would fail to find any channels.
Is this right?

So, if running a packaged version, how could someone apply the patch or
workaround this issue?

Thanks,

MG