[mythtv-users] PCI-E ATSC (US) Card Recommendation

James Crow james at ultratans.com
Tue Dec 1 16:45:47 UTC 2009

John Freer wrote:
> Thanks in advance...
>
> Could someone suggest a recent-model PCI-E x1 (the short slot) ATSC card that will work well on my FC12 box?
>
> My mobo is an Asus m4n78 pro
>
> Much appreciated!

> John J Freer

I have a Hauppauge HVR-2250 PCIe x1 card. Dual ATSC/QAM tuners. The card
has hardware NTSC encoders, but the Linux drivers do not support them.
The digital side is supported with drivers built into the kernel from
2.6.32. Previous kernels require a driver compile, but it is pretty
easy. I do not use FC12, but I think I have read that FC12 requires the
driver be compiled. Search the list archives for details.

Cheers,
James