[mythtv-users] No video on playback: 2nd of concurrent recordings

Mw meatwad2021 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 17:00:33 UTC 2009

Realizing the subject line is not quite straightforward, I will elaborate:

When playing back the second of two recordings scheduled in the same
timeslot the internal player presents a black screen. The recording
plays, audio is fine, seeking/pausing/exiting works as usual but no
video. According to the backend logs, the affected recordings are always
the second one, or stated differently, the recording that hits the log
first plays properly.

Furthermore, this behavior is independent of the video source. My only
sources are 'OTA1' and 'OTA2' which both map to the same schedules
direct lineup and the affected recordings can be from either OTA1 or OTA2.

The files are the appropriate sizes and as a sanity check, VLC plays the
recordings in question with video.

I'll provide the '-v playback' output but I'll need to either solve my
funky DPI problem (system fonts are way too small) or put a monitor onto
the VGA port temporarily.

Many thanks in advance.

--
mw

MythDora 10.21-18, GA-73PVM-S2H mobo, integrated gf7100 HDMI out, with
OTA HDHomerun