[mythtv-users] VDPAU playback stuttering when XvMC playback is just fine?

Clay nt4usb at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 30 16:09:33 UTC 2009

> IOBOUND errors are usually one of 2 things. Non optimal
> kernel
> configuration, or you've reached the limit of your
> system.
>
> Check to make sure you don't have any non essential
> services running
> in the background. Some distro's have those darned
> indexing utilities
> ;)

(pre JYA and vdpau) my P4 fe/be (Ubuntu) was at it's limit playing HD content.
Anything else going on, flagging, transcoding, etc., brought it to it's knees.
Even on a good day I would sometimes get a burp at one second intervals.

gnome-system-monitor default refreshes at one second intervals.
hmmm... wonder if it's related? Even though the ap is not running, the index is still updating...
I bumped it up to a minute refresh interval and the one second stutter went away.