[mythtv-users] S-video out on Nvidia 6200 series cards?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 13:54:26 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 6:41 AM, Allen Edwards
<allen.p.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 6:34 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I wonder if anyone uses this feature? If so how is it enabled? In
>> xorg.conf?
>>
>> If someone has a working xorg.conf file or other information on how to
>> do this I'd appreciate a copy.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mark
>

> I use it.  If nothing else is connected, the card will just sense the output
> connection.  My xorg.conf file is complex as I am running 3 displays, 2 at a
> time.  What are you trying to do?
> Allen

I have an older Asus Pundit-R machine that has been a mythfrontend for
one TV in our house. The machine is old and noisy and I'd like to get
rid of it. I'm Gentoo based and not happy with ATI support so I'd like
to find an inexpensive N-Vidia card that supports S-Video out to see
what I can do with it.

Longer term I will likely have to build a new backend server this year
with the switch to digital. None of my digital stuff works yet - I
have an HDHR and would like to get a couple or 1394-based STB to
replace the PVR-150s - but none of that works yet. When I build the
new server I might put this card in it and let it operated as a
frontend also. Current TVs here are all standard def. No high def and
no immediate purchase plans.

- Mark