[mythtv-users] No EIT Data (UK)

James Stembridge jstembridge at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 10:27:26 UTC 2009

2009/4/30 Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>:
> From my past experience, EIT data was never available for the radio
> channels, so your experiment may not have had the desired effect

Do you mean *from* the radio channels? I certainly get EIT data *for*
radio channels, though seemingly not when tuning to them in LiveTV.

> It's not what Nick asked you to do, he wanted a TV channel on the same
> multiplex as the radio ones (as I read what he wrote).

Indeed, it was something I tried before mailing the list about it.

> Bit of a chicken and egg situation you've got there, though. You can't
> schedule a recording until you know when to record, and you're implying the
> EIT data doesn't get filled unless you are recording.

I recordings most days so I think it should be ok. Otherwise I'll have
to give the active scanning another go.

Cheers,
James.