[mythtv-users] No EIT Data (UK)

James Stembridge jstembridge at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 10:06:42 UTC 2009

Hi Nick,

2009/4/29 Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>:
> If you fire up a LiveTV session on a channel that is on the same
> multiplex as your radio channels (e.g. BBC Four for the BBC radio
> channels) do you see data start to appear?

No I don't. I left LiveTV tuned to BBC Radio 1 overnight to be sure
and nothing was collected. Some recordings last night did seem to
collect data though, so I at least have some radio data for scheduling
again.

> You might want to enable active EIT in mythtv-setup (if
> this is not already enabled) if you always want EIT data to be
> collected.

I've had it enabled in the past but it caused problems with i2c
disconnects on my Nova-T 500 and seemed to prevent idle-shutdown. I
think at least the former has been fixed now so perhaps I'll give it
another go.

Thanks for the help,
James.