[mythtv-users] Key bindings for internal DVD player - "dvd root menu"

Dale Pontius DEPontius at edgehp.net
Wed Apr 29 21:58:37 UTC 2009

Robin Gilks wrote:
>> Sounds like you've tweaked your keybindings.  Is there some way and/or
>> documentation to do this other than MythWeb?  It seems awfully
>> heavyweight to install Apache, php, and such, just to do what's normally
>> done with a plaintext file.
>>

> Assuming you have the mythcontrols plugin installed (its a part of the
> standard install so I assume so), go into setup/edit keys/tv playback and
> scroll down to JUMPTODVDROOTMENU and then assign the key of your choice
> from the keyboard/remote. I use CLASSIC menu so YMMV on the menu routing!

I don't appear to have such a screen.  I have "Utilities/Setup" ->
"Setup" -> "General", "Appearance", "Screen Setup Wizard", "TV
Settings", "Media Settings", and none of them have any items under them
like "Edit Keys".

However...

I'm running Gentoo, so I just tried "emerge -atv mythcontrols" and lo
and behold, there's something there to install.  After sending this out
I'll go back as root and install it.

Other opinions on MythWeb being worth the weight?  On my system simply
trying to "emerge -atv mythweb" drags along 9 other packages, apache and
php being of course the heaviest.

Thanks,
Dale Pontius