[mythtv-users] NVidia driver 180 does not use my modeline

Niels Dybdahl ndylist at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 20:34:38 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 8:46 AM, Niels Dybdahl <ndylist at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you want nvidia to use your modeline, you will need to play with
>> the EDID option.
>> Either disable it completely with Option "UseEDID" "False"
>>
>> or only some frequencies with         Option          "UseEDIDFreqs"
>> "False"
>>
>> Also make sure that HorizSync and VertRefresh are compatible with your
>> modeline

I now trie to disable EDID checking and tried to start it with a 50 Hz
modeline. However the TV then showed "not supported" on the display. Strange
that a TV in a PAL country does not support 50 Hz.
I also tried with a 75 Hz modeline, which is within the TVs EDID range, but
then it failed on the pixel clock.

So I guess I have to stick with 60 Hz and try to get an older driver running
(I have a separate thread running about that).

Thanks for the effort however.
Niels Dybdahl