[mythtv-users] Database Upgrade Troubles

Robin Hill myth at robinhill.me.uk
Wed Apr 29 14:11:11 UTC 2009

On Wed Apr 29, 2009 at 09:51:08AM -0400, aaron wrote:

> Obviously the problem is that title cannot be part of a FULLTEXT
> index. But the problem is: why is it having this problem? I don't
> recall making any manual changes to the program table... however, I
> should point out that the database may date back to MythTV version
> 0.06, from about October 2002. So I suppose it's possible that I made
> some update in the past, but I've tried to avoid manually modifying
> the database schema.
>
> After I removed:
>
> FULLTEXT KEY `title2` (`title`)
>
> from the program table DDL (and recreate the table), the upgrade
> proceeds successfully.
>
> I checked the archives but I didn't see anyone else report the same
> problem. There was a similar report at one point, but it didn't seem
> to have a definitive solution or explanation.
>
> Is removing that FULLTEXT KEY the proper solution? Will it likely have
> a negative impact, such as decreased query performance or somesuch?

As there's no mention of 'fulltext' in the 0.21 MythTV source, I can't
see removing it doing any harm.  It's probably worth comparing the
schema for your current database against one created from scratch by
MythTV, to check for any other differences (either manually added or
legacy from old MythTV versions).

Cheers,
    Robin
--